Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Innocence Mission?

From: jessica@maurolycus.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 22 Sep 92 20:56:27 GMT
Subject: Re: The Innocence Mission?
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

rohrer@utkvx3.utk.edu (Rohrer, Cheryl Diane) writes:

>>A friend lent me a tape copy of their eponymous album. It's bloody excellent.
>>Someone tell me all about them, *please*
>>
>>Yours in KaTe,
>>anthony
>>"why do I keep coming back..."

>I believe that eponymous was an early 'greastest hits' for R.E.M., but i may
>be mistaken.
>cheryl

"eponymous" means "the name given", or "a person (real or imaginary)
after whom a discovery, invention, place, institution, etc., is named
or thought to be named".

I beleive Anthony simply meant their "self titled album", which is, of
course, "The Innocence Mission". From the quote his includes, "why do
I keep coming back...?" he most certainly means that album. (the quote
is from the song "Black Sheep Wall".

Anthony - there is an IM mailing list, although it is a fairly quite a
low volume list, you can get a lot of information from its maintainer
- i'm sure he'll send you lots of info, and he continues to keep the
people on the list up to date with new info. The guy is Keith Abbot,
and his address is mus0eka@cabell.vcu.edu.

(There is a second album out, called "Umbrella".)

		   jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||