Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bootleg List comments/additions

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 17:00:44 +0200
Subject: Kate Bootleg List comments/additions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all,

this time I can give a little further information on the bootlegs that
were described some time ago.

-----------------------------
Performed Live In London 1979
-----------------------------

This name is not the one I would give to the CD. On it's cover it is simply
'Live In London', but you could identify it easier by saying that it is the
'Super Golden Radio Shows No. 013 - Kate Bush - Live in London'. It's
'order number' is  'SRGS 013'. The CD is from 1991.

The front cover of this CD shows, similar to every other SRGS CD I have seen, a
picture of the artist, a dark grey border with pink 'SUPER GOLDEN RADIO SHOWS
No 013', orange 'KATE BUSH' above and 'LIVE IN LONDON 1979' below the picture.
The picture is a quite greenish photo that shows Kate in a costume that reminds
of the Wuthering Heights performance on the Hammersmith video, but it isn't!

This bootleg is, as many others, made in Italy. They even state the following:

'We bring to the attention of the performing artists, components of the musical
group, as indicated on the back side of the album cover, that upon publication
of the present phonographic recording, the deposit of a sum for each copy made
as fair consideration has been made on their behalf and/or on behalf of their
assignees as provided for under article 80 and following L. 22/4/1941 no 633.
Important notice: This record is not authorized by the performing artist.'

This text is on the inside of the booklet that gives a list of all other
SRGS boots available. I wonder if the 'deposit of a sum' exceeds one penny...

----------------------------
Kate Bush - "Burning Desire"
----------------------------

This is another bootleg CD from the Hammersmith soundtrack. It's cover shows
a color photo of Kate in a red dress, posing as in the Babooshka video, holding
a double bass. On the left side of the photo, written black on yellow, there
is the title of the album: 'Kate Bush - "Burning Desire" - Limited collector's
edition'. The inside of the one-sheet-'booklet' shows a newspaper-quality b/w
photo of Kate's head. The CD itself doesn't mention it's contents, remember the
discussion about 'Back Sides': On it there is the following: 'Alive And Well -
Vintage Radio Network - Produced by: David Heinz, Recorded & Mixed by: Sheila
Banrnes - Basic I, For Promotion Only, Not For Sale'. The backside of the CD
shows three newspaper-quality b/w photos from the American Kick Inside photo
session with Kate in a box, then 'Recorded live at the Hammersmith Odeon,
London 5/13/79', then a track list with two additional spaces ('Heart Brake'
and 'Lion Heart'), then '(R) 1989 Swingin' Pigs Records, A Trademark Of
Swingin' Pigs S.A.R.L, Luxembourg /S.R.L. Italy'. Below that the following:
'There are few artists out there who can manage to deliver starkly original,
non-derivative material and still approach mainstream accessibility. Kate Bush
Is One Of These Rare Artists.'

The sound quality of 'Burning Desire' is bad, it sounds like being copied from
an vinyl disc with all it's scratches... It is the worst sound quality of
Hammersmith bootleg CDs.

------------------------
Kate Bush - Feel It Live
------------------------

To the sound quality of this record I have to add that it sounds like if it
has gone through an equalizer to lift the higher frequencies (or through
a dynamic extender). Or as if it originally has been recorded with some kind of
dolby without removing that.

The picture on front of the cover shows a motive that I immediately recognized
as a Kate-motive, even if it is not Kate at all. It is a girl with a 'steep'
haircut, looking at a flying bird, wearing a chain around the neck and some
kind of 'Kite'-wings.

[no, I am not the author of the original article in 'Live Bootlegs
Mega-Article' that Ron Hill is searching.]

Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel - Angels On Earth

This is a bootleg CD with the Xmas special soundtrack. Unfortunately, it's
sound quality doesn't go above the quality of my video of the show. It's cover
shows a scene that looks like from the German 'In Concert', showing the live
performance of 'Room For The Life', Kate sitting in the big round red cushioned
'wheel', with Stewart Avon Arnold and Gary Hurst turning that big wheel, but
the photo is not in good quality. Above the photo is 'Kate Bush' and 'Peter
Gabriel', below 'Angels On Earth'. The backside of this one-sheet-booklet is
a list of other 'The Grand Pick'-records and the same text piece about
depositing a sum as on the 'Performed Live...' CD above. In addition they state
that 'The quality of this record is not equivalent to recent standards.'
The disc itself has green-on-white printing on it. There is a track listing
where Peter became the author of 'Just Another Day'. Wasn't 'Another Day' a
Roy Harper song? Additionally there is 'Kate Bush & Peter Gabriel - "Angels
On Earth" - Live in Europe 1979' on the CD, it's "order number" is TGP 139,
and it is '(P) 1991 by THE GRAND PICK Records, ITALY'.
On the back there is 'Live In Europe 1979', the same track listing as on the CD.

---------------------------
Kate Bush - temple of truth
---------------------------

This one really has the worst sound quality of all, just for the curious here
is the track listing (not even on the cover, you have to listen through it)

A: Moving, The saxophone song, Room for the life, Them heavy people, The man
   with the child in his eyes, Egypt
B: L'amour looks something like you, Violin, The kick inside, Fullhouse,
   Strange phenomena

---------------------
Kate Bush - Dreamtime
---------------------

This 3-record-set is called 'Kate Bush - Live at the London Palladium 1979'
by Ron Hill & co. in 'live bootlegs mega-article'. The same 'Ivy-in-the-hair'
picture on front, the same Penthouse photos on back. But I suppose this
is a re-release, because: 1. The record is called 'Dreamtime'. 2. The track
listing is accurate (if you don't count abbreviating on the record labels).

Kate Bush - Live in Manchester, April 10th, 1979

I can only add the pictures used on the cover. Front: part of the Japanese
'Them Heavy People' single cover. Back: The 'Experiment IV' cover.

Kate Bush - Live in Bristol England 1979

Again, I can add the pictures: Front left: Kate dancing in a white long dress,
Front right: Babooshka-photo used on the Canadian EP. Front bottom after folding out the left and right parts: Photo of the Hammersmith video tape,
printed twice, once mirrored. Back: head of Kate with a light-violet T-shirt.

------------------------------
Kate Bush - A Bird In The Hand
------------------------------

The disc itself is labeled 'Please don't let me go', not just 'Don't let me go'.
The track listing is as follows:

A: Violin
   Strange Phenomena
   Hammer Horror
   Wow
   Feel It
B: Kite [not listed on the cover]
   Oh England My Lion Heart [the blank is not from me]
   Wuthering Heights
   Moving

So, that's all I have to add to the bootleg list

Uli