Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: utah saints revisited...

From: Jackie Zucconi <mailrus!gatech!netlink.cts.COM!lionhart@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 92 01:12:05 PDT
Subject: Re: utah saints revisited...
To: gatech!mit-eddie!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman) writes:

> It is a valid point (Kate deserves credit and any renumeration she is
> legally entitled to and wants).  However, it's been stated that she
> gave permission.  here's the quote from the CD:
>
> Something Good
> Something Good (051 Mix by John Kelly)
>
> Contains sample of "Cloudbusting" written and performed by kate Bush,
> published by Kate Bush Music Ltd. (PRS and courtesy of
> Novercia Limited/EMI Records Limited.
>

> Are you happy now?
> --
> Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
>              Admittedly he was listening to a _Best of Queen_ tape,
>   but no conclusions should be drawn from this because all tapes left in a ca
>     for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into _Best of Queen_ albums

AH! John Kelly, now where have we all seen that name before!
Actually this does remind me of a funny incident. After Tori Amos
performed here in SD I ran into a man named John backstage (No not E).
Someone mentioned it was John Kelly so I promptly became excited only to
be told by him that "no, I'm Witherspoon." Sorry Mr. Witherspoon I really
didn't mean to look THAT disappointed.
                     Kateness,
                           Lionheart

--