Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tanks, Kangaroos, Beer, Koalas and Kate...

From: martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp (S.C.T. Martin)
Date: 11 Sep 92 01:42:07 GMT
Subject: Tanks, Kangaroos, Beer, Koalas and Kate...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ssl.fujitsu.co.jp

$@%a%C%;!<%8(J <1610@lysator.liu.se> $@$G(J,
    jan_b( jan_b@lysator.liu.se (Jan Besehanic) )$@$5$s(J:

jan_b> martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp (S.C.T. Martin) writes:
> mumble,
jan_b>   ^^^^^^
jan_b> (WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH MUMBLE?)
>    jan_b( jan_b@lysator.liu.se (Jan Besehanic) ):

It is the posting software. It is full of things like mumble, messeji,
san. I have left the original form at the top this time, so your
screen should have a lot of rubbish there because most screens can't
handle katakana. I keep meaning to fix the message but....

>jan_b> stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin) writes:
>>I found yet another Kate Mention - this time in the oh-too-hip
>>British Comic/Music mag "Deadline".  (It's worth picking up just for
>>a couple of my faves, "Milk & Cheese" - Dairy products gone bad,
>>and "Tank Girl", sort of a female Mad Max, but with much more violence.)
>jan_b>^^^^^^^^^
>jan_b> Ah, Tank Girl. She screws kangaroos, wear minimal bras and
>jan_b> drinks more beer than a koala can fart.
>jan_b> My kind of girl *grin*

>There should be more of this kind of woman: A woman who is not afraid
>to live in a tank, drink lots of beer, sleep with a well-endowed
>kangaroo and say things like, "Who's been using my toobrush to remove
>their dingleberries?".

jan_b> I totally agree! Pity about Pepsi Koala, though.

Oh Yea, didn't Pepsi Koala eat a grenade and blow up or something.

>jan_b> Whatever happened to Sub Girl and Jet Girl, though?

>I only ever saw them in one story.

jan_b> I've seen them appear in two stories. The last story had them
jan_b> in a correctional facility where they had been totally brainwashed
jan_b> into oblivion and were watching smegging childrens programs, but that
jan_b> was a nightmare sequence, so I guess that they're still around.

Sorry, you are right. The first story was when they held up a brewery
and quoted "Aliens". I remember the brainwashing story now too: they
where strapped to dentist's chairs or some such in one of the scenes.

I miss Deadline. I haven't seen a copy in almost a year, that and 2000AD.

ObKaTe: kate Bush is---------------. Please complete the sentence in
no more than twenty words.

Also has KaTe ever mentioned Judge Dredd in any of her interviews?

 | S. C. T. Martin |  Fujitsu S.S.L. Limited  | martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp |
 | "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it" - Oscar Wilde. |