Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 92 10:20:21 EDT
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: pcp2g@karma.astro.Virginia.EDU (Gilligan)
Subject: Re: Hounds of Love
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1992 14:03:22 GMT

In article <1992Sep5.164351.10435@sinkhole.unf.edu>,
mailrus!gatech!unf6.cis.unf.EDU!chall@uunet.uu.net (Citizen Bill)
writes:

|> On HOL the sound bite ( sampled ? ) "It's in the trees ! It's
coming!"
|> is taken from the film Curse of the Demon ( circa 56-58 U.S. title )
|> starring Dana Andrews.
|>
|> Is this an old chestnut or a gem ???

Hmmm... I have long loved this movie. It used to scare the hell out
me when I was little. When I hear the song (oh my, which one is it?
It's the second track, no?) I am always reminded of the scene with
Dana Andrews running through the forest and the cloud of smoke chasing
him... it still gives me the creeps. Maybe now it makes sense that I
always think of that. 8-)

Anyway, I have the film on tape, and I'll check it next time I get the
chance. If you like campy 1950's scifi, this is a good one regardless
of the KaTe ref.

--
* Phil Plait                  PCP2G@astsun.acc.virginia.EDU
*