Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Garage Bashing

From: cole@lea.csc.ncsu.edu (Robert Cole)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1992 01:50:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Garage Bashing
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ncsu.edu (USENET News System)

allan@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Allan Balliett) writes:

>TO:uunet!Love-Hounds-Request

>Hi! I'm Allan from Intergalactic Garage. (POB 3047 Shepherdstown, WV
>25443 (304) 876-6818)

>I would, however,  really like to hear what the basis is for this
>old line the pops up about once a year that 'they are not Kate
>fans.'

>OK, Vickie, et al, lets let the bad air out and lets hear the
>'crimes' that Allan and Maura of Intergalactic Garage have committed
>while they have been serving to the best of their ability all the
>KATE FANS on this continent for almost a decade.

I've never understood the attitude either.  I've ordered from IG 2-3
times in the past and found both the prices and service reasonable
(although I can only comment on items I purchased).  For the items I
got, I have yet to see a (significantly) cheaper price elsewhere.

I once made the mistake of posting some info on IG (someone was looking
for a copy of "Book of Dreams").  There were lots of responses saying I
shouldn't order from IG (but no one gave any real reasons why).

I, for one, have had no problems.

>Hey, tell me the one again about 'they are only in it for the
>money.'

It's a business.  So what if they're only in it for the money.  As long
a service is reliable, I don't see the problem with that.  I imagine
that quite a few of us have been into jobs/careers only for the money.

Garbage collectors probably don't do their job merely for the joy of
handling the trash of strangers.

Robert Cole

P.S.  I have done business with C-side as well.  People should order
from whichever company offers the best merchadise/prices since (in my
experience) the service is comparable.