Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Garage Bashing

From: allan@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Allan Balliett)
Date: 06 Sep 1992 14:33:32 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Garage Bashing
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

TO:uunet!Love-Hounds-Request

Hi! I'm Allan from Intergalactic Garage. (POB 3047 Shepherdstown, WV
25443 (304) 876-6818)

Without going into a long story, I can assure everyone that both
Maura and myself are KATE FANS and have been KATE FANS  since TKI
first met our ears, all those years ago. As far as 'thinking Kate
Fans are weird', well, I'm a little weird myself, so I doubt that
would ever be something that I would notice, or complain about -
even if an opinion like that was relevant to anything anyway.

I would, however,  really like to hear what the basis is for this
old line the pops up about once a year that 'they are not Kate
fans.'

This sort of ungrounded 'black balling' comes from the same part of
the brainstem RACISM emerges from. (They're not like us, they don't
like us, don't do business with them, They're not like us, ad
nauseum) Even if I and other KATE FANS were not negatively effected
by it, I would resent it. Of course, under the circumstances, I'm
really smoking. :-) (Hey! Tom! Did you put them up to this? :-) )

OK, Vickie, et al, lets let the bad air out and lets hear the
'crimes' that Allan and Maura of Intergalactic Garage have committed
while they have been serving to the best of their ability all the
KATE FANS on this continent for almost a decade.

(Jeez, have I got a thankless task, or what!)

Hey, tell me the one again about 'they are only in it for the
money.' HAR! HAR! HAR! Hey, if I didn't believe in what we are doing
here so much, I would have quit it a long time ago and got a job
that PAID MONEY - meanwhile, I just have to depend on the respect
and appreciation of the wonderfully humanistic community I serve.
:-)

Come on, get this crap out on the table and, if all the parts are
there, I'll try to make some sense out of it for you.

This sort of Bush-esque (GEORGE BUSH, not our beloved Kate)
mudslinging always generates lots of re-assuring private NetMail for
us. I'd appreciate it if a few of the many that we have served (AND
INFORMED!!!) for nearly a decade now would post here about the GOOD
that IGG has done for them, for Kate, and, hence, for the world as a
whole (by getting Kate into the hands-ears-and-hearts of many many
people who would have had to wait for a VERY long time to find Kate
at their mall stores.)

I think it will be fun to hunt for the "little shard of truth"
behind this anti-Intergalactic Garage viciousness. I think that in
the process we can shed a little light on the dark, erroneous
functionings of the brain behind it.

Let it come down.....;-)

PS Tom a C-Side is a friend of mine, so I certainly have nothing bad
to say about him. I do, however, feel strongly that Kate Fans should
judge the market on its own merits and not on the base-less
accusations of individuals who have their own private agendas.
Incidentally, Intergalactic was serving Kate to Kate fans for YEARS
before there was a remote possibility of it being 'profitable.' We
did it for the love of Kate and the belief that if enough good music
by humanistic performers can get out there into the world, the world
will change for the better. We are currently distributing Happy,
Laureena, Sarah, and, of course, Tori, as well as many, many other
Singer/Songwriters (well, sorry, THAT ONE is a singer/songwriter
also ;-)  ) As far as I know, we are the last place in the US where
you can buy a Tori Crucify ltd box for $14.99 or Silent All These
Years ltd digi w/ 2 non-lp + 1 live for $12.00. Take Care friends!

----
Allan Balliett
allan@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us
{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!allan