Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Video Question

From: Jackie Zucconi <mailrus!gatech!netlink.cts.COM!lionhart@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 92 22:14:40 PDT
Subject: Video Question
To: gatech!mit-eddie!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hammersmith Odeon: I've always found this available at Tower
Records/Video and even in some mom & pop rental stores. It's a great tape
to see her one and only (I hope not for long) concert tour if you
couldn't have been there. My only gripe is that at times the camera is
pulling in too close to the stage and ruining some of the visual effects
that might have been designed for the audiences point of view (ie the
blood for JATCG).

Single File: This seems to be the hardest to track down but again try
Tower they bring it into print every so often. If you're not too thrilled
with Kate's early music well you might find it carrries over into the
videos. Most (if not all) the work is done by Keith MacMillen (Keef) who
was a pioneer in early videos. These videos kind of have a simplicity to
them that seems dated at times.

Hair of the Hounds: Completely out of print as far as I know. I've never
even laid eyes on a copy. All the videos listed on this one can be found
on The Whole Story video.

The Whole Story: Very nicely done package. Can usually be found at Tower
or even try and used music/video stores and again those mom & pop
rentals. This has a nice sampling of Kate's video work. It basically has
the original videos for all the songs off of the Whole Story with the
exception of Wow (the original is on the Single File) which is done as a
montage of shots from theline noise sorry.....anyway....this collection
also shows the beginning of Kate's own career behind the camera; much
more refined than Keef I think.

The Sensual World: This has the three videos from the three singles off
the album along with little interview clips. I'm not sure but I think the
clips come from a VH1 special. Outside of Love and Anger I'm not too
impressed. TSW seems like a throw back to Wuthering Heights. TWW just
didn't do it for me, I think it's because I was moved by the original
scene in She's Having a Baby. Again this one should be available at Tower
or a used music/video store.

Overall I think you should concentrate your efforts on getting the Whole
Story it's my favorite. For anything else I think Ron would be your best
bet in helping you find videos.
                      kateness,
                           lionheart

--