Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate and highway safety

From: Jackie Zucconi <mailrus!gatech!netlink.cts.COM!lionhart@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 92 22:35:26 PDT
Subject: kate and highway safety
To: gatech!mit-eddie!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

No she's not doing an ad or anything like that this is just my late night
musings of certain events while recupertaing from Caesar's "rambling"
about Ariovistus.
  It all started a couple of years back on a rather stormy winter night.
(I know this starts off like a bad novel) I was driving home on Navajo
Rd. Let me describe what type of road this is: on the left hand side is a
high cement wall separating on-coming traffic, on the right is a cliff
drop-off. Well, as I was zipping down the road humming along to the Jig
of Life (eery now that I think about it) it suddenly dawned on me that I
should NOT be looking straight into someone's headlights. A few quick
movements made easy by the adrenelin rush and I was able to squeak past
the cadillac and it's octagenarian driver without careening over the
edge. At the time I thought nothign about Kate being on my cassette
player UNTIL....I also avoided the side swipe of a spastic blonde
teenager on Interstate 8, while Kate played. Or the times I've passed a
CHP going oh about 75mph (if my mother asks I never speed) and not
received a speeding ticket --- Kate played on. Now one would think this
is mere coincidence since "Kate's always in my car." But the one time I
did receive a speeding ticket Kate was nowhere to be heard....or the man
and his incredibely "windowless" pick-up (either that or his neck lacked
the property of movement) that thought reversing into my front fender was
nothing to be concerned about; again Kate was silent. If none of this
convinces you that Kate is conducive to highway safety, the next time you
find yourself in rush hour traffic pop in a KaTe KasseTTe and you'll find
the grip on your shot gun loosen as enjoyment fills the cabin; in fact
you may find yourself purposefully missing your exit just so you can sit
a little longer and listen to Kate.
                     Kateness,
                            Lionheart
P.S>
  Convoluted sentences that make absolutely no sense are not my fault but
that of the spirit of Cicero.

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:   ...!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart