Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Peter Gabriel single

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 92 10:21:20 PDT
Subject: New Peter Gabriel single
To: ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu, love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Vickie Mapes writes:
 > *sigh* _The Dreaming_ and _Security_ were released almost at the same time.
 > _Hounds of Love_ and _So_ were released very closely together. *sigh*

I didn't know about those similar release times, but if you put
together all of the album release rumors we've been hearing
lately, then you get:

Kate may release her new album in early 1993.
Jane may release her new album in early 1993.
Happy will almost certainly release her new album in 1993 (isn't
it great that she's both prolific and prompt!)
Peter Gabriel may have his new album out by 1993 if what you
heard was true.
And didn't someone say that Laurie Anderson was working on a new
album for 1993?

If all these come true, then I will be transported to musical
heaven by the time all these album releases are over, if all four
of my favorite female artists and one of my favorite male artists
release albums at quite nearly the same time.  Yikes!  Even if
the albums don't come out in rapid succession it sounds like 1993
will be a banner year for those of us with taste in music.

I will be going to see Tori Amos in Eugene Sunday night.  I also
bought tickets for Love-Hounds John Zimmer and Michael Bowman who
intend to see her in Portland tonight and trek down here Sunday
to see her again.