Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> 7) False.  Although there a quotes from Kate saying that her second
> and third album weren't released in the US until the Eighties, that
> isn't quite true.  Some copies of the album were released in 1979,
> and there is a picture of one in the Illustrated Collector's Guide
> to Kate Bush.

I think I'd disagree with this answer based on the usual usage of the
word "release".  In 1979, EMI-America did indeed press something like
20,000 copies of *Lionheart*.  However, they never "released" them.
Of course, some promo copies of the album may have been sent out, and
a few may have grown feet, as such things are want to do, but this
pressing was never officially released, and it is said that the vast
majority of these 20,000 records were melted down.  Any remaining ones
should be considered very rare.

For the famous fans list, my vague memory tells me something about the
lead singer of Slayer, I think, admitting to be a huge fan and
admitting to having cried when seeing her perform live.  Search back
issues of Homeground for more info.  The lead singer of the Sugarcubes
has said that she often wished when she was growing up that Kate Bush
had ben her mother.  I also recall someone saying that Sinead O'Connor
said in an interview that Kate Bush is a god.  Search back issues of
Love-Hounds for more on this.

|>oug
   <nessus@mit.edu>

"Dear sir.  Please send me a mongoose.  And, while you're at it, send
 me another one."