Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori query (who's Neil?)

From: kinsey@athena.cs.uga.edu (Kevin Kinsey)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1992 19:57:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori query (who's Neil?)
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <neilg.712569189@sfu.ca> n_k_guy@sfu.ca (Commander Bob's Burger Bar) writes:

> Anyone out there happen to know who Neil is? As in "Neil says hi by
>the way" and "hi Neil" from _Tear in your hand_. She also seems to
>sing "Neil" twice at the end of _Little Earthquakes_. (maybe I'm
>imagining things...)

Neil is Neil Gaiman, the creator of "Sandman" - a comic by DC. Apparently
he and Tori are quite good friends. If you read "Sandman" ( and you should )
then you should be able to pick up on the multiple references to the comic
within the song "Little Earthquakes". If not, go out and grab a Sandman comic.
I promise you'll be hooked for life.

kevin
-----
kinsey@athena.cs.uga.edu