Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas in San Jose! Final post!

From: bullroar@west.darkside.com (Mark Kraft)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1992 01:07:13 -0700
Subject: Katemas in San Jose! Final post!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Comments: Artichoke King '92

All through the  scheduling of this Katemas, there have been lots of
difficulties that have come up... the local feed for gaffa has been
really having problems, although I hear that they're  fixxed now, the
whole event was more or less not happenning just a month or so ago, since
it seemed to have no place to call home,  the information on  who was
interested just wasn't fully compiled and there, making it damn hard to
even get enough Katestuff at the party to interest a  few  people, much
less entertain them all day, and I thought that perhaps, maybe, the
interest for this event just wasn't there.

     I'm very pleased, therefore, that Katemas is very alive and well in
San Jose... it's been a lot of  work.. tons of  e-mail... quite a few
phone calls and stamps... and above all, lots of time, but things are
looking really great for this Saturday!  In  the course of a few weeks,
we have gatherred together a lot of serious Katefans and expanded the
attendees of the event much further beyond the lucky few that have access
to what's going on in this little computer world, and I expect a great
turnout!  I'd like  those that are going though to  make a last push to
make the event just a little better!  Bring your Katestuff, remember what
you are bringing to  the potluck, carpool if you can. ( We can use
someone to carpool Tom Phelps in Berkeley, so  if you can give him a call
at (510) 549-6150 and meet him there or arrange to give him a lift from
your place, that would be great! )

     I'd especially like you all to bring your friends that like Kate,
and if you know any of these Katefans that I haven't been able to
contact, let them know about things!  They are:
Randy Gobbel,Jane Smallberries, John Relph, Jon Drukman ( we need your
music Jon! ), Joey Shoji, Peter Manchester, Guy Larri, Charlie Cockey,
Piaw, Lee Hounshell, Karen Jutzi, Jon Cano, Ron Hill, Stewart Latham, and
Karen van Hoek.

     Despite some old faces likely not attending, there will be many
great old ( but still good looking ) faces, such as Ed Suranyi, Andrew
Marvick, Larry Hernandez, and many, many others.. And there is going to
be an excellent turnout of Katefans that have never previously  attended
a Katemas, including several hardcore  collectors that just haven't heard
about the event in the past. I'm unsure about the turnout as yet, but  I
would say 30-50 would be in the ballpark, but there are flyers out there
and lots of people that haven't formally RSVPed, so who knows?? If you
haven't yet RSVPed, please call me up and do so, since it is my only
guaranteed way of making a good mailing list and making next year's event
even better!  I have lots of plans for this event next year.. and lots of
time to plan something really great, such as taking over a local
establishment for the day and having radio spots all over the local
college stations, a mention in local weeklies, etc.. We were mentionned
this year on Live 105, the bay area's commercial alternative radio
station. Next year, I wouldn't be surprized if they mention us far more,
as they went on the air several times this year playing Kate's  music in
honor of her birthday. :)

     For those outside of the Bay Area having Katemas's... we'd like to
hear from you during the day.. we'll be here from Noon-Midnight PST, if
you'd like to say hi to us.

Finally, here's the number  to call, RSVP, get  directions ( please use a
map! ) , or just say hi. (408) 287-9530 .

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! -
Mark