Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1992 13:26:00 -0700
Subject: KaTemas

apologies to all who aren`t coming to the boston-area KaTemas party
for using up bandwidth, but i can`t think of a better way to let
people know how:

to get to the Boston KaTemas party:

lessee...  first of all, you are going to Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA :)

the full address is:

	the Lowell House Master's Residence
	Harvard University
	50 Holyoke St.
	Cambridge, MA 02138
	617-547-1780

your hosts are greg bossert (that`s me :) and jessica dembski (though
it is in fact my parent`s place of residence ;)

this is NOT in Harvard Yard (the main campus) -- it is several blocks
away, towards the Charles River...

BY FOOT/PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

the subway (tube, metro, underground, or in local jargon, the 'T')
goes to Harvard Square.  take the Red Line *outbound* from Boston (or
inbound from the Alewife Station) to the Harvard Square stop -- make
sense?  the Red Line intersects the Green Line at Park Street, and the
Orange Line at Washington Street.  if you are on the Blue Line, take
the Blue Line to the Green Line at Goverment Center, and the Green
Line to Park Street.

Boston's main Amtrak station is South Station, which is conveniently
on the Red Line...  the airport is on the Blue Line, but if you are
flying in, call me and we'll arrange a ride :)

Once you get to the Harvard Square station, exit out the main lobby of
the subway station (go down or up the ramps at the end of the platform
to a large underground atrium, then up the stairs/escalators).  you
will exit in the middle of Harvard Square -- in front of you and
across the street will be the Harvard Cooperative Society (the
"Coop").  make a 180 degree turn around the station exit, so you are
facing away from the Coop, and walk east on Massachusetts Avenue.
cross a small street, go past the Au Bon Pain cafe, and turn right on
the next street, which is Holyoke Street.  head south on Holyoke,
cross Mt. Auburn street, cross a small alley-like road.  on your right
will be the Malkin Athletic Center (a big brick building).
eventually, Holyoke Street takes a 90 degree to the left, but before
that on the left will be #50.  the doorway is large, white, flanked by
columns and marked by a large brass "50", as well as some kind of KaTe
sign :)

BY CAR:

if you are coming from the north or south on 95/93 --

	* go into boston on 93.
	* take the Storrow Drive exit.
	* follow Storrow Drive along the river to the Harvard Sq./J.F.K.
	St. exit.
	* cross the river (the exit leads directly to a bridge).
	* there is a light at the far end of the bridge.  go straight
	through it (assuming it turns green first ;)
	* there is a light at an intersection with a road from the
	left.  go through the light, and take the very next right (at a
	very small alley called South St.)
	* go through the first stop sign, through the parking lot --
	the house is the brick building with white columns before you
	past the parking lot...  if you can't park, ring the bell and
	we will work something out :)

if you end up on I95/128 going around boston (it's a loop highway):

	* take route 2 east to the end
	* follow signs for boston/cambridge to Memorial Drive...
	* take Memorial Drive along the river until a light with a
	bridge on your right -- turn left:  this is JFK street!  turn
	on South St. as described above..

if you are coming from the west/south on the Mass Turnpike, you can
take the I95 exit north to route 2 as described above, or take the
turnpike farther to the Allston/Cambridge exit (it's a left exit).
bear to the right, following signs to Cambridge.  go straight through
several lights, then turn left on Storrow Drive (this turn is a bit
obscure -- if you miss it, cross the river and turn left on Memorial
Drive).  take the Harvard Square/JFK exit as described above...

if you have any doubts/questions, give me a call at the number listed
above!!!

the party is officially from 12noon to 12midnight on August 1, 1992
(that`s next saturday!)  crash-space is available for friday and
saturday nights -- call me for details!

footah!!!!!!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "it is this that brings us together" -- KTB