Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe Covers

From: creatch@milton.u.washington.edu (Lars Gilstrom)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1992 13:18:05 -0700
Subject: KaTe Covers
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@u.washington.edu (USENET News System)

   This weekend I went record shopping, as usaul, and came across two
records that had involved KaTe songs.

   One was a cover by the industral band, Tilt!, of "running up that hill."
I don't know if they were singing it to take the piss or because they
admire her.  Their voices seemed to be winy and sarcastic but so are
their voices on other songs.  But in any case its nice to hear KaTe's
songs in my fave music after KaTe's.

  Also I heard a sample of KaTe's singing on  a techno/rave song.  I'm
probably going to going to get that today.

   After hearing these songs I was wondering is there a compiled list
of KaTe songs covered by other groups.

--creatch