Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vinyl Pressings/Concerts

From: tsines@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Todd J Sines)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1992 16:46:10 -0700
Subject: Vinyl Pressings/Concerts
Newsgroups: alt.mus.progressive, alt.music.alternative, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music
Sender: news@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

hello y'all...

To anyone that has any contacts with record/vinyl pressers or independent music
labels, this is for you:

As well as anyone that is looking for a techno band to play live (and do it
well, as much of the public says) in the Midwest or further, as well as
reciprocate and send yours here...

We are looking to get out our music. We do techno music (if you're not familar,
it's that dance music that they play at clubs nowadays with the real low bass
and the mulitude of breakbeat samples and weird talking samples that drives
some people wild, some people mad, etc...)
ANYWAYS, this is the type of music that our three member band, BODY RELEASE
does out of Columbus, Ohio, USA. We do all original "rave" (I hate that
word)-type music and have performed live over six times in the last 5 months.
As well as have recorded a demo tape of our music, drawing a 230-member crowd
(the largest of of live 'industrial' bands playing at 700 High, the premiere
dance club in Columbus, so far...) and playing in Ft. Wayne, Indiana to a crowd
of 300 people that didn't know any of us. If you are interested in hearing a
demo tape, please respond to the mail or e-mail address below. We'd love to
hear from you. Believe it, we're about as much into the 'rave'-culture as you
can be in Ohio--travelling to Cleveland all the time, etc...

And for those who are interested in having us play at your concert hall, rave,
warehouse, or abandoned whatever...let us know. We are setting up a mini-tour
in th Midwest and are deeply interested in Ann Arbor/Detroit, Michigan;
Chicago, Illinois; Indianapolis, Indiana; and the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania; and the New York City or even Boston, Massachusetts (a little bit
east coast) areas.

I wouldn't worry about the term techno, though. Columbus' greatest DJ's Kevin
Grimm and Mike Gallicchio have said repeatedly that we are just different--we
don't copy styles from just doing 88-89 era acid house techno, nor do we do
just throbbing Belgian techno, nor just UK ragga breakbeat techno, or even some
elements might be called 'industrial.' Whatever the case, we attempt to put on
the best show possible, no matter what the size is. We've played for 30 and
300, so there is no difference in the quality of stage presence.

Those in interested in booking: we have no minimum, other than that we want to
make our drive worthwhile. This basically involves being covered for
gas/accommadations (whatever)/and food (we don't eat a lot) and whatever else
you can afford, then great! But we understand the problems of promotions of
events ourselves, so we're in the same boat on that one.

Let us know if you're interested in dates from 7 August (we'll be playing in
Ft. Wayne, Indiana that night) til 15 September.

    respond>>
    **todd sines----email at: tsines@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu---digitally.**
    **384 E.17th/Columbus, OH 43201 tel614.299.9529---the rest of the world**