Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1992 08:05:26 -0700

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil Torgrim Homme)
Subject: Re: Latest Utne & Lioness
Sender: kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil Torgrim Homme)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1992 16:05:17 GMT

In article <12omorINNarq@rodan.UU.NET> greg <greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu> writes:
   Sarah McLachlan: _Solace_ (Arista).  She's been descibed as Canada's answer
   to Kate Bush, but McLachlan is much warmer and more mystical, with a
   delicately classical influence.

   I couldn't imagine that she would be warmer than KaTe, so I copped the
   CD and was not disappointed: she's not at all warmer than KaTe!  Who the
   heck came up with the comparison to KaTe!!  I just don't see (hear) much
   resemblance.  I think KaTe's more mystical, too ;-).

I see Kate Bush comparisons everywhere these days (maybe because there
have been many good albums released by female vocalists lately).
Anyway, my jaw dropped almost to the floor when I saw the following
attached to Loreena McKeennitt's The Visit (sp?): "Irish. Mix of Kate
Bush and Enya". For one thing, she's Canadian, for another thing, she
doesn't remind me of neither Kate Bush nor much of Enya.

   Unfortunately, I settled for Mike Oldfield's _Amorak_ (incredible
   jam!) and some other goodies.

I hated Amarok at first, but I actually enjoy it now. I still thinks
his older stuff is the best though (Ommadawn! :)

Kjetil T.

--
	``so you can make me cum that doesn't make you Jesus'' - Tori Amos