Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Batman & Siouxsie (Holy Cow!)

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 92 0:37:39 CDT
Subject: Batman & Siouxsie (Holy Cow!)
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (KateLand)

Chris & I went to see Batman Returns last night and we loved it! I
hadn't seen any mention of the fact that a Siouxsie song is featured
in the film. It is playing in the "Costume Ball" scene and is also
played in the ending credits. It's called "Face to Face" and was
written by Danny Elfman. Siouxsie & Danny should get together more often.

A few words about Batman Returns:  NO spoilers...

This is not a film for all children! If you have kids and they haven't
seen it yet, I'd highly recommend seeing it yourself first and then
judge if your children are old enough and mentally strong enough
to handle it. It's rated PG, but it (IMHO) should have been rated
PG-13. It's *VERY* dark, cynical, forbidding, scary and violent.
Much, much more so than the first one (which I saw for the first
time last Monday night, in preparation for seeing this one) and,
after seeing it, we could at least understand why so many parents
groups are angry that the movie is being marketed toward children
via the McDonalds promotions. I don't agree with banning or boycotting
a film, and I often disagree with the entire ratings system, but in
this case, parents should at least be warned that it's not suitable
for all children, and will disturb quite a few. Hell, it will disturb
quite a few adults! (Just check out the controversy in rec.arts.movies)

Anyway, we thought it was wonderful (even though there are some major
plot hole problems) and we'll probably see it at least once more before
it leaves the theaters. (Which might be soon, unfortunately.)