Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: MIHARKI@INDSVAX1.INDSTATE.EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 15:21:00 -0700
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hello all,
     This was supposed to go out a few days ago, but got sent back, so
please pardon if the comments are a bit old.  First, I saw mention of the
band The Cranes.  I heard from my cousin that they are opening for The Cure
on their present tour.  He said they were pretty good.  While I'm briefly
on the subject of The Cure, "Disintegration" is still the only album that I
fell in love with after only one listening.
     A lot of good female singers have been mentioned lately, so I thought
I'd throw out one of my favourites and see what kind of reaction there is.
Natalie Merchant of 10,000 Maniacs.  I like her voice a lot and I think she
has a lot of good ideas.  "Blind Man's Zoo" is one of my favourite albums.
     This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway.  What other
bands are favoured around here.  My tastes run in many different direc-
tions, so I'm just curious.

     TTFN
(a new member from a small indiana town w/harldy any alternative scene at
all, but those of us who are in it have a lot of fun)

Kevin Harkins

"What's the message that's written under the base of clouds?"

Anyone happen to recognize this??