Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Joan Armatrading

From: stevew@hal.com (Steve Williams)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 10:52:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Joan Armatrading
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <69278@apple.Apple.COM> I_SW@zis.ziff.com (Sam Warren) writes:

>To answer Tim Cook, who asks if there are "any Joan Armatrading fans out
>there?"  I used to be a large fan of Joan.  She used to be one of the greatest
>songwriters.  But then, tragically, she recorded Hearts and Flowers.  I didn't
>find anything even remotely interesting about this album.  BUT- I will give
>her another shot (after all, people do make mistakes from time to time).  How
>is Square the Circle?
>
>Any other Joan Armatrading fans out there?

Here's one more.  I have to admit, though, that I've also skipped
her last album or two.  Just heard something from the new one last
night, though, and I'll probably buy it.

As long as we're not talking about KaTe... are there any Curve fans
out there, sneaking Doppelganger into their ears in between KaTe and
Happy and Sarah and Tori?  If not, give it a try; helps clear out
those hard-to-reach spots way, way back inside your head.

Adios,
Steve Williams
Austin

PS to Larry: Is that you going to Boston or am I reading something wrong?