Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Joan Armatrading

From: Sam Warren <I_SW@zis.ziff.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 11:05:00 -0700
Subject: Joan Armatrading
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

To answer Tim Cook, who asks if there are "any Joan Armatrading fans out
there?"  I used to be a large fan of Joan.  She used to be one of the greatest
songwriters.  But then, tragically, she recorded Hearts and Flowers.  I didn't
find anything even remotely interesting about this album.  BUT- I will give
her another shot (after all, people do make mistakes from time to time).  How
is Square the Circle?

Some of my favorite albums by Joan are:

The Shouting Stage
Me Myself I
Show Some Emotion
The Key
Secret Secrets

Any other Joan Armatrading fans out there?