Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wuthering Heights and Molly Bloom

From: DOUGLAS_MAC_GOWAN@mailgate.sfsu.edu
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1992 10:45:00 -0700
Subject: Wuthering Heights and Molly Bloom
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

In case nobody else remembered, yesterday, June 16th, was
Bloomsday, so I went home and listened to "The Sensual World"
and "My Lagan Love" (which isn't based on Ulysses, but on
something else by Joyce.)

I enjoyed the posting with all the quotes Kate has said over
the years regarding her writing "Wuthering Heights".  I could
her saying that when she first wrote the song, she hadn't read
the book, but knew the story and had seen part of it on TV.
Some of those quotes posted, tho, indicate that she had
read the book first.

- Douglas MacGowan