Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Patriot Games, Clannad, Maggie Boyle

From: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 11:22:13 -0700
Subject: Patriot Games, Clannad, Maggie Boyle
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

From: deadman@garnet.berkeley.edu (Ben Haller)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 16 Jun 1992 18:22:12 GMT

In article <68719@apple.Apple.COM> lionhart@netlink.cts.com
   (Jackie Zucconi) writes:
>The music for Patriot Games was indeed performed by Clannad...
>...The only mystery that still remains for me is who is Maggie Boyle
> listed in the  music credits....I haven't heard of any connection
> with Clannad before...

  Well, since I haven't got the CDs with me I'm not *sure*, but as
I recall Maggie Boyle was a vocalist with John Renbourn Group on at
least one of their albums.  I'm not sure where she's from originally,
but I have a feeling she was in Pentangle or some similar old Celtic
or folk rock group.  She's got a very pretty voice, if occasionally
not quite in key on the high notes (as I recall).
  BTW, anybody who likes old Clannad will probably love John Renbourn
Group.  Ship Of Fools is probably the best album to buy first.  Beautiful
interpretations of old British Isles folk music, with some original tunes,
brilliant guitar, beautiful vocals and harmonies, etc.  Fairly mellow,
very warm.

-Ben Haller (deadman@garnet.berkeley.edu)