Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The lang and and winding rhode

From: john@tessi.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 13:07:17 -0700
Subject: Re: The lang and and winding rhode
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Stev0 writes:

>ObKate:  Kate is the world's greatest lyricist and songwriter.  Kate is
>the world's greatest musician.  Kate is the world's greatest singer.
>Kate COULD BE the world's greatest record producer and video director,
>but chooses not to be for some odd reason.
>
>Then why - WHY!?!?! does she sound like such a - well, airhead, in 90%
>of the interviews she gives?

I think a lot of the time what may come across as airheadedness to some
people may actually be her shyness and reserve, and reluctance to give away
personal details to anybody who comes along and asks, causing her to speak
in vague generalities on some subjects.  And some people are just better at
writing down their thoughts than speaking them off the cuff.

>"Rock Journalism is people who can't talk being interviewed by people
>who can't write for people who can't read" - Frank Zappa

I love it!  But for another exception to the rule, I direct your attention
to the recent (brutally honest) Tori Amos interview in the Irish magazine
_Hot Press_.  I have it online (17kb) for anyone who's interested.

John Zimmer                                    john@tessi.com

        "The happy phantom has no right to bitch."