Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Patriot Games and Kate

From: aurs01!aurxc3!whitcomb@mcnc.org (Jonathan Whitcomb)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 08:52:29 -0700
Subject: Patriot Games and Kate
To: mcnc.uucp!aurs01!Love-Hounds%wiretap.Spies.COM@mcnc.org

cynthia@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Cynthia Rosas) writes:

  Okay, Werner and I just saw Patriot Games.  I loved it.  Harrison Ford
  was perfect as Jack Ryan, and showed Alec "Kim Basinger's Toadie" Baldwin
  up bigtime.  Actually I read that Harrison Ford was the first choice for
  Hunt for Red October but was busy, so they settled for Alec Baldwin.
  Ironic how things happen sometimes, eh?

Gee, I thought the movie was pretty poor in general, but that's probably
because I can't stand Tom "who needs believable characters" Clancy.  Too
many inconsistancies and unresolved references.  For instance, they
make a big point about the woman terrorist not being Irish but never
explain how this English woman ever got involved with an IRA splinter
group.  I never cared enough about any of the characters to be concerned
if they were killed or not.  EVERY hunch Ryan has is correct (come on,
even Superman screws up occasionally).  And of course the North African
desert is just swarming with terrorist training camps which the CIA can
nonchalently wipe out via Nintendo remote control...grrr...

  Oh, remember a while back when we were talking about people we thought
  looked like Kate?  And I said I thought the woman who played Michael
  Douglas' wife in Fatal Attraction looked alot like Kate, but I couldn't
  recall her name?  Well, it's Anne Archer, and she playes the wife,
  Catherine Ryan, in Patriot Games.  And to me, she bears quite a
  resemblance to Kate.

Kate?  Oh, yeah, Kate.  There's a newsgroup about Kate.  You're right
about the resemblance, but there was another scene where I saw a ringer
for Kate.  When the little girl is trying to distract the palace guard
there is a woman watching from the side who really struck me as looking
like Kate Bush (and I'm not prone to seeing her everywhere I look).

-Jonathan