Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Clannad

From: GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 10:11:06 -0700
Subject: Clannad
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi) wrote:

> ... Clannad's lead singer is Maire Ni Bhraonain ---
> Enya's older sister. In fact Enya is the baby sister of three of Clannad's
> members and the niece of the other two members.

Actually, Enya, although younger than Maire, is not the youngest sister.
There are three more - Bridin, Olive and Dee. They all sing backing-vocals
on Maire's solo album.

mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu (W. Stirling) then asked:

> Dunno if it's "Canon" Gaffa, but has anyone heard Maire Brennan's new
> solo album (Maire)?  What do you think of it?

As implied above, I have it. It is very much what you'd expect - somewhere
between Enya and Clannad. A couple of the tracks have a strong African
influence which works surprisingly well. One review I saw compared the
effect of listening to it to having a small Korean masseuse run up and
down your spine... I can't endorse this comparison from first hand
experience but I'd certainly agree with its sentiments!

Back to lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi):

>OK, since I started with Clannad I have one more thing to ask, especially of
>the UK users. I have a copy of an ad (from Q mag) roughly late 1989 that
>announces Clannad's new album "Annum." I was wondering if anyone has this or
>knows where I may get it?

I have this one (actually entitled "Anam") - indeed I have absolutely
everything Clannad have done. It is still widely available in the UK.
Drop me some email if you'd like some help obtaining it.

Geoff Parks