Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@florida.caedm.byu.edu (Usenet)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1992 22:45:46 -0700
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 23:45:46 MDT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Hiya! & other tidbits
From: mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu (W. Stirling)

In article <68703@apple.Apple.COM> cynthia@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Cynthia Rosas) writes:

>ALso, I was unable to get the name of the person or persons who sing the
>song during the beginning and end of Patriot Games.  It's a hauntingly
>beustiful Irish song I believe, but I didn't catch the artist.  I'd love
>to get this iin a CD.  ANybody know?

The band is called Clannad.  Yes, they are indeed Irish.  The lead
vocalist is Maire Brennan (Enya's sister) and she has some solo stuff
out in addition to her work with Clannad.  Besides the song you
mentioned, there is also a song called "Theme from Harry's Game"
played in the movie (near the beginning, as they zero in on the
IRA-guy's house before he blows holes in his buddies sent to get him).
If you watched carefully, you'd have noticed the video he was watching
was a Clannad video.

--
mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu

"And tomorrow never comes..." - The Durutti Column