Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hiya! & other tidbits

From: lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1992 11:27:28 -0700
Subject: Re: Hiya! & other tidbits
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

The music for Patriot Games was indeed performed by Clannad. One of the
songs that was feature was "Theme from Harry's Game" which can be found on
Clannad's album "Magical Ring." This song was originally written for a UK TV
show and made it to No. 5 on the UK charts back in the early 80's. Just to
jog memory "Harry's Game" was the song playing when the IRA tried to shoot
(what's his face) in the house while the TV was playing. If you looked
closely at the screen you might have noticed that not only does the voice
sound like Enya but the woman on the TV somewhat LOOKED like her too! This
is easily explained though, Clannad's lead singer is Maire Ni Bhraonain ---
Enya's older sister. In fact Enya is the baby sister of three of Clannad's
members and the niece of the other two members. The only mystery that still
remains for me is who is Maggie Boyle listed in the  music credits....I
haven't heard of any connection with Clannad before. Well, like I said to my
boyfriend 5 seconds after the movie started "I'm getting the soundtrack!!"
                           --- Lionheart
P.S.
  Ann Archer has portrayed the ultimate wife:
      She's a successful surgeon, has time to play with her daughter and
knows how to use a shot gun WITHOUT ammunition!!!

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart