Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori vs Kate?

From: cynthia@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1992 20:00:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori vs Kate?
To: gaffa@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us

 It's me again!  Say, I think that anyone who still is comparing Tori to
ate is missing the point.  I mean, isn't there room for all sorts of
artists without having to "compare" each one to Kate or anyone else?
Geeesh.

Also, I saw an old post in May regarding Minnie Ripperton.  She had a
lovely voice, and died so unfortunately young.  It reminded me that I saw
a young singer by the name of Shanice, I think, during Jay Leno's first
week (and he's doing mah-velously, I think) and Shanice sang Lovin' You ,
the old hit by Minnie.  She hit those high notes great, and it was
impressive (she's only 17 I think) and poignant to hear Minnie's olde
tune being revitalized.  As for comparing Mariah Carey to Minnie, Mariah
does have a big range but she has the finesse of a water buffalo (sorry
to insult any water buffaloes out there), and wishes she could shine
Minnie Ripperton's shoes.  Yeah, that's my opinion.  But all ya gotta do
is open your ears.

Later,

Cynthia Rosas of Orlando

---
 * JABBER v1.1 * "Balls." said the Queen. "If I had 'em, I'd be King."

----
Cynthia Rosas
cynthia@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US
{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"