Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Fri, 22 May 1992 14:31:37 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: pcp2g@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Gilligan)
Subject: Re: Sara Hickman (was Re: Mr. MRS update)
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Fri, 22 May 1992 21:31:33 GMT

In article <67514@apple.Apple.COM> usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator) writes:

My newseditor ate all the attributions except the one above, and I have
my doubts about that one, too. Sorry if this causes any distress!!

>Re: Tori Amos:
>>...I still think that she sounds more like Sara
>>Hickman (has anybody here tried Hickman out yet?)
>I bought an album of hers.  First CD I've microwaved in years.  Ugh.
>I guess tastes really vary.  I mean, I couldn't *stand* her.  I only
>microwave things that actually cause me pain.  Ow.  I love Tori, and I
>love Sarah, and I love Kate, and so on - almost every album I've bought
>on the recommendation of love-hounds has been great.  But oh, that
>Sara Hickman.  That broke the streak something fierce.

Tastes do vary. I love Sara's music, and I'd like to get her albums. I
have only heard I think three songs that got air time on MTV and VH1, but
I really liked the ones I heard. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a
crush on her (and half a dozen other artists too) 8-) .

She hosted an MTV special last year about NY city or something, and was very
bouncy and cute. She has a elfen sense of humor that I liked. It helps
me like someone's music if I like them too. She *seemed* likeable, although
that could be the magic of television. Who knows? But I will eventually
get her most recent album.

P.S. I have Tori's LE album (really like it) and quite a few Kate
also (like them too!). I listen to Abba and some country music, too.
I may not have the weirdest taste in music, but I imagine I'm out there
a ways!

--
* Phil Plait                  PCP2G@astsun.acc.virginia.EDU
*