Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Orb

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!media.mit.edu!kanarick@uunet.UU.NET (Craig M. Kanarick)
Date: Fri, 22 May 1992 08:12:28 -0700
Subject: Re: The Orb
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!media.mit.edu!news@uunet.UU.NET (USENET News System)

In article <67492@apple.Apple.COM> lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble) writes:

>I_SW@zis.ziff.com (Sam Warren) writes:
>

>> To the person who wrote in about Minnie Ripperton on The Orb album -
>> Thanks a lot for sharing this information.  I bought the album, and I
>> think it's great.  BUT, I don't hear samplings of Minnie ANYWHERE.
>

>Minnie Ripperton's "Loving You" is sampled on the original version of "A
>Huge Ever-Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The
>Ultraworld".  I don't remember if she appears on the album mix (ADVENTURES
>BEYOND THE ULTRAWORLD is the album title; Mercury 314 511 034-2 in the US
>but get the UK double-disc version if you can, it has about forty minutes
>more music).  I *think* she's in the Peel Sessions mix (US CD: Dutch East
>India DE 18119-2), which also has some nice Pink Floyd samples.

Yes indeed, she is on The firsT Peel Sessions mix (aT leasT my copy
says iTs The firsT, are There more?).  _AHEGPBTRFTCOTU_ is 20 minuTes
long on The Peel CD.  The PinK Floyd samples are wonderful.  The whole
disc is greaT -- exTremely ambienT (no vocals wiTh The excepTion of
abouT 30 seconds of Minnie and some dialog from NASA flighT Tapes).

STrange, This is The firsT Peel Sessions CD ThaT seems To have
a "normal" cover.  I'm so used To The generic blacK & whiTe ones...

--cmK

Craig M. Kanarick			"Do I love you?  Yes I love you.
					 All this talking...talking...
kanarick@media-lab.media.mit.edu	 is only bravado..."