Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Orb

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 11:54:46 -0700
Subject: Re: The Orb
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I_SW@zis.ziff.com (Sam Warren) writes:

> To the person who wrote in about Minnie Ripperton on The Orb album -
> Thanks a lot for sharing this information.  I bought the album, and I
> think it's great.  BUT, I don't hear samplings of Minnie ANYWHERE.

Minnie Ripperton's "Loving You" is sampled on the original version of "A
Huge Ever-Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The
Ultraworld".  I don't remember if she appears on the album mix (ADVENTURES
BEYOND THE ULTRAWORLD is the album title; Mercury 314 511 034-2 in the US
but get the UK double-disc version if you can, it has about forty minutes
more music).  I *think* she's in the Peel Sessions mix (US CD: Dutch East
India DE 18119-2), which also has some nice Pink Floyd samples.

> Have you seen the 20 minute version on CD?

The original 20-minute mix turns up on a UK CD-single (Big Life BLR 27 OCD)
but I've never been able to find the CD -- if anyone in the UK can help,
I'd appreciate it.  I have the 12" instead.

>  Does this group have any other albums?

Their new release, U.F.ORB, is due out in the UK Any Minute Now.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

"between the love that we've had and the love that we've lost
 who will bury us when we die?"