Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Orb

From: Sam Warren <I_SW@zis.ziff.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 12:05:00 -0700
Subject: The Orb
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

To the person who wrote in about Minnie Ripperton on The Orb album -
Thanks a lot for sharing this information.  I bought the album, and I think
it's great.  BUT, I don't hear samplings of Minnie ANYWHERE.  You said
something about a 20 minute version.  Well, the one I have is only 7 minutes.
Strange thing, when I bought it (used), there was a sticker on the outside that
said "CD is Aubrey mixes".  So I asked what that meant and the guy told me that
the cover was the wrong one.  This was not the album itself, but rather a disc
of remixes (by this guy named Aubrey) of songs on the album.  Maybe this would
explain why Minnie's voice doesn't appear?  Have you seen the 20 minute version
on CD?  Does this group have any other albums?  Thanks again, this is a truly
interesting group.