Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

stuff

From: wiltel!dlocke@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Fri, 22 May 1992 07:05:00 -0700
Subject: stuff
To: uunet!eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9205221405.AA01212@wtg58> ^-missing newline (LF)

First: I sent a check for $3 to CD Wee Bee and asked for a
catalog 6 weeks ago and haven't heard from them.  They did
cash my check, though :-(  A few days ago I trashed their
address.  I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could send
me either their address or phone number so I can give them
a hard time.  Much thanks.  Anyone else had this problem?

Better things: I finally found a video of the Live at the
Hammersmith Odeon for about $19 at a place in Houston.
Now I don't have to watch my USA network version anymore!
I was kind of planning to hold out for a laser disc, but
as I don't have a player yet I went for it.  Haven't
watched it yet but now I can have a better source to look for
lip-synching ;-)

In other news I taped the Chris Miller show with Tori and
committed the unpardonable sin: I programmed the VCR to stop
when the show was supposed to stop, and managed to only
record 1/2 of Crucify.  Am I bummed or what?  I think this
is my fave Tori song.  I really liked the sound on the Miller
show -- very impressive.  I much prefer the minimalist approach
of Tori + piano live, verses the studio stuff with dubs and
backup singers etc.  So: I'm dying to get a (audio) cassette from
you lurking tapers of the various Tori live programs (MTV,
the talk shows).  I'm also extremely hot for the various
non-L.E. tracks on various cd-5s.  I have much to trade, he
says dangling the bait enticingly, including a nice live tori
in NY and a super recording of Jane Siberry from a Canadian
radio broadcast.  Send me mail at uunet!wiltel!dlocke.
BTW, tori does a great cover/medley of Led Zep's "Whole
'Lotta Love" & another song or two.

are both KaTe fans.  Don't know how that impacts your percentages!
Oh, tell us about Sara Hickman.  Julee Cruise has one track
on the CD "Until the End of the Earth" and that's it.  Interesting
about her: David Lynch auditioned a bunch of singers looking for
a certain sound for "Twin Peaks".  Julee was it.  I saw this in
the Trouser Press's alternative record guide -- essential.  Buy it
if you can afford it.

Finally, Jane S's 1st album is growing on me, especially "Marco
Polo".  "Bound by the Beauty" is a more accessable one to try
1st, though.

Later,

-Dick