Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I need help!!!

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1992 04:03:55 -0700
Subject: Re: I need help!!!
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <67473@apple.Apple.COM>, cmh205@cck.coventry.ac.uk
(***SEMPSY***) writes:
>...I'm sure Kate wasn't asked by EMI when they gave
> permission to Utah Saints to use the sample from Cloudbusting.

Well, as all of KaTe's stuff (since On Stage) is (C)opyrighted and (P)
(anybody know what the P stands for?) by her (or Novercia to be
precise), I don't think it would be up to EMI to give permission.
Actually, the pop column in my local newspaper (written by a local
radio DJ) a few weeks ago claimed that KaTe actually *liked*
"Something Good"!. How she (the DJ) would know that, I really don't
know....

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "What the world doesn't need is
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    / more 'casual Kate Bush fans'. What