Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori vs. Kate - Live Impressions

From: ames!ultra!corin!keving@uunet.UU.NET (Kevin W. Gurney)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1992 12:07:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori vs. Kate - Live Impressions
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: ames!ultra!news@uunet.UU.NET

In article <67238@apple.Apple.COM>, steiner@bakerst.rutgers.edu (Dave Steiner) writes:

|> >   My reactions EXACTLY to seeing Tori at the Birchmere in DC.  My wife and I
|> > had the opportunity to chat with her briefly after the performance and I was
|> > struck with how warm she was with Kathy and how distant she was with me.  I
|> > wasn't offended, but sort of saddened.
|> >   Fortuntately, Kathy picked up the ball and got our CD autographed for me!
|>

|> Hum, when a group of us saw her in MA, we talked with her after the
|> show.  She seemed very friendly and I didn't get *any* impression that
|> she "doesn't like men".  How do the others that were there feel?
|> Greg?  Jess?
|>
|> Dave Steiner

I met her in San Francisco and didn't get any "I hate men" vibes from her.
In fact, she gave a hug to a very tall, blonde, "Malibu Ken" looking guy who
looked like he just stepped out of a frat house.  I hate to stereotype, but
if there were anyone she might be have sent "I don't like you because of
your gender and all it means" vibes to, it would have been this guy.

Craig and Bob could very well have picked up something from her, but why
assume it was directed at them because of what's between their legs?  Maybe
she just didn't like the way they looked, or the way they parted their hair
that morning, or whatever.  I'm sure she's just as capable of "discriminating"
(not in the civil rights sense) as well as any of us can.

By the way, the interview in "Interview" (May issue) is very interesting,
especially given all the talk of her being a witch ("Is she or isn't she?
Only her inquistor knows for sure.") in the really-deep-thoughts mailing
list.