Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TORI TOP TEN LIST

From: greg <greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1992 11:20:10 -0700
Subject: TORI TOP TEN LIST
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I thoroughly enjoyed the TOP TEN TORI list.  These kinds of things can
tend to get out of hand when you discuss them with another KaTe-fan.
My wife and I were coming up with modifications and substitutions on
a road trip north over the weekend and came up with one I felt compelled
to offer as an alternate:

11.  Tori is having trouble with the Joyce estate for her song based on
     _Finnegan's_Wake_ (sp?) : _The_Nonsensual_World_

Okay, okay, so things seem funnier after four hours in a car in the
wee hours of the night!

While north, I got the rare treat of being able to watch MTV.  I was
hoping to see some KaTe, XTC, or Tori.  After a few very trying hours,
I caught exerpts of an interview cut with clips from vids and a live
performance of Tori.  Fascinating - what I saw.  Makes me want to see more.
She seeems to be prety cool.  I just can't stomach much MTV - one has to
watch so much tripe to get anywhere!

In un-related news, catch the new Primus E.P. - it's got covers of
P. Gabriel's _Intruder_ and XTC's _Making_Plans_for_Nigel_ on it!

Greg Clark
greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu