Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori vs. Kate - Live Impressions

From: bobscott@access.digex.com (Bob Scott)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1992 10:20:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori vs. Kate - Live Impressions
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <66623@apple.Apple.COM> craig%sware.com@mathcs.emory.edu (Craig Heath) writes:

>		"Kate Bush with an unhappy childhood?"
>

>Well, the Tori Amos concert last night at the Variety Playhouse in
>Atlanta was quite an experience.  It was very intense, and she certainly
>has a great voice, and plays piano almost instinctually, but "enjoyment"
>isn't the right term to use.  I was very moved, and in fact felt quite
>uncomfortable at times.

stuff deleted...

>I can't think of more specifics, but I did develop a certain suspicion
>that she doesn't like men very much (quite probably for good reason, that's
>not supposed to be a criticism).

  My reactions EXACTLY to seeing Tori at the Birchmere in DC.  My wife and I
had the opportunity to chat with her briefly after the performance and I was
struck with how warm she was with Kathy and how distant she was with me.  I
wasn't offended, but sort of saddened.
  Fortuntately, Kathy picked up the ball and got our CD autographed for me!
Bob