Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Help me !

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1992 09:30:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Help me !
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <67162@apple.Apple.COM> santos@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp (Rafael &) writes:
>1) WHY rec.music.gaffa ? What does gaffa means ?

There's a monthly posting that has lots of information about this
newsgroup, and about Kate, and I think your questions are answered
there.  So you should wait until the next time it appears if you have
lots of other questions.  However, I'll answer some of the questions you've
asked now.

gaffa comes from Kate's song "Suspended in Gaffa", which is on her
album _The Dreaming_.  The meaning of the word is somewhat in dispute,
but most people think it refers to gaffer's tape -- that is, electrician's
tape.

>2) I'll like to know the discography (is it right ?) of Kate,
>   including singles, available in CD.

Oh God!  I don't know how detailed you want this, or whether you want
bootlegs or not, so I'll just give you the briefest summary.

Albums:
The Kick Inside
Lionheart
Never For Ever
The Dreaming
Hounds of Love
The Whole Story (compilation)
The Sensual World

Box set:
This Woman's Work contains all her albums except the compilation, plus
two CDs of B-sides, alternative mixes, etc.  Almost all of her officially
released work is included in this 8 CD set.

In the US there's an EP called "Aspects of the Sensual World" that has
five tracks, several of which are not from any album.

The following have been released as CD singles in Britain.  (I'm listing
only the A-side):
"The Sensual World"
"This Woman's Work"
"Love and Anger"
"Rocket Man".

There are several bootlegs, which I won't list here.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov