Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori Amos in SF

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1992 08:51:38 -0700
Subject: Tori Amos in SF
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

I agree with Ben Haller in every way:  Tori Amos' San Francisco
appearance was outstanding.  Say, Ben, did you manage to scrape
up a fake ID this time?  :-)

She hadn't played two piano notes before someone from the audience
shouted out "Crucify!"  So she stopped and said, "Piss off!  I've
just started!"  The audience cheered wildly.

Does anyone know if she's left-handed?  I was thinking that that might
explain her bizarre position at the piano.  For those who haven't seen
her, she sits turned partially towards her right (towards the audience),
with her left foot on the right piano key, and her right leg sticking
straight towards the audience, or even, in energetic parts, sticking
backwards.  I was thinking of a riddle:  What do you get when you
cross a pianist with a sprinter?  Tori Amos.

In other T.A. news, I was at Tower Records yesterday, and their
new release list indicates that a CD single including "Smells Like
Teen Spirit" will be released domestically (in the US) tomorrow
(May 12).

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov