Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kirsty MacColl

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Mon, 11 May 1992 00:31:07 -0700
Subject: Re: Kirsty MacColl
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

anarchyoutopia wondered who was singing "A New England" on his tape:

>...I have a VERY
>good song on a tape called that, but I have had no clue who it is,
>for more than two years.

Yes, that is Kirsty MacColl on your tape, and it *is* a VERY good song, it
is!  I happen to feel that Kirsty MacColl is severely underappreciated in
the US, and it's too bad for those people who are missing out on some of the
most wonderful, important music.

Does anyone have any information on Kirsty's recording progress?  Is she
doing another album right now?   I've found collecting MacColl b-sides to
be rather hard to do, not to mention expensive.  I've noticed different
songs on the vinyl release of some singles than that on the CD single of
the same song, which is rather frustrating to sound quality as well as
the old pocketbook.  It would be nice to get the many b-sides and whatever
else might fit into a CD release or collection, but from what I understand
this has not been done?  And has her first album (I can't remember the
name right now, something like _Desparate Characters_, I think) ever been
released on CD yet?  It is a classic pop album, and rather rare to find
even on vinyl anymore (thanks Bob! :-).
_Electric Landlady_, Kirsty's last release, has been the most-played CD in
my collection for the last year, at least.  She almost played here a short
while back, but it was cancelled for a strange reason to do with finances
or some such-damn!

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.COM)