Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kirsty MacColl

From: anarchyoutopia <ukevc@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1992 21:54:55 -0700
Subject: Kirsty MacColl
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.25]

Connected to presto.ig.com:
>>> RCPT To:<love-hounds@presto.ig.com>
<<< 550 <love-hounds@presto.ig.com>... User unknown
550 <love-hounds@presto.ig.com>... User unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
From: anarchyoutopia <ukevc@mcl.mcl.ucsb.edu>
To: love-hounds@presto.ig.com
Date: Sat, 9 May 92 21:39:22 PDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.25]

A prior post describing Kirsty MacColl mentioned that she had written
a song covered by Billy Bragg called A New England.  I have a VERY
good song on a tape called that, but i have had no clue who it is,
for more than 2 years.
Does K mC's song start "I was twentyone years when i wrote this song,
and I'm 22 now but I won't be for long. people.... " etc ?

respond to lovehounds or to ukevc@mcl.ucsb.edu
or if you KNOW who sings a nice indie pop song with that beginning,
please inform me.  There is a line later about "put me on the pill,
I'm not looking for a new england, are you looking for another girl,
"