Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kirsty and Tori

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 06:07:32 -0700
Subject: Kirsty and Tori
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:	fiona_mcquarrie@mts.ucs.ualberta.ca
> Tom Neely asked about Kirsty MacColl. She has had several albums on her
>own (the last being 'Electric Landlady') and has also sung on several
>Pogues records. She has also written songs covered by Tracey Ullman (They
>Don't Know) and Billy Bragg (A New England).

Got to correct you on this - A New England was written by Sir Billy the
Bragg. Kirsty did the cover! (shades of Pat Benetar here maybe). Billy
wrote an extra verse for Kirsty's version and also made a cameo
appearance in the video. I bumped into Billy handing out leaflets
for the Labour Party candidate in Oxford just before the election.
Wouldn't it be nice to bump into Kate in the street!

On the subject of Tori and her CD-5s. I have been trying to get a copy
of the Silent All These Years CD single (or Me and a Gun as some peopl
call it). However, the record shop told me that both it and the 12"
have been deleted. Seems ridiculous when they are only a few months
old and she is starting to get good vibes and sales of the album.

Neil