Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 11:11:16 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: The Machine That Changed the World / Drukman
Date: Fri, 08 May 1992 18:10:58 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not @hermes.intel.com:AGOUGH@AZ.intel.com (Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59).  I didn't say:
>     As this group has wide musical tastes, I figure there's a good chance
>that someone in the group would know the music.  I especially think the
>odds are pretty good that Jon Drukman would know something about it, given
>his demonstrated breadth of musical knowledge.

umm....

i haven't actually watched the program in question, so i have no clue what
the music sounds like.  if it says it's by the radiophonic workshop, then
it might get put out on a BBC CD some day.  if you like stuff like "all the
love" then check out the album Koda by In The Nursery.  it really has very
little in common, but it's a good pseudo-classical album anyway and for some
reason, it makes me think of "all the love."

also check out the michael nyman soundtrack for "the cook, the thief, his
wife and her lover" which has a beautiful track prominently featuring a
soprano choirboy.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Cram every action with precision.