Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 11:21:49 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: None
Date: Fri, 08 May 1992 18:21:43 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not katrina_michael@muwayf.unimelb.edu.au (Katrina Michael).  I didn't say:
>I don't like being 'hit in the face' with lyrics.  Being direct has nothing at
>all to do with courage - it is more courageous to deal with your demons than to
>tell everyone about them.  I would much rather sort through the clues in lyrics
>and decide for myself.  Sorry, but it's the attitude of a bitter woman.

i agree about the demons.  demons don't mean shit.  but, being direct _can_
be related to courage.  for instance, tell me it didn't take courage for a
black man to come out and say:

	elvis was a hero to most
	but he never meant shit to me
	yes the sucker was racist simple and plain
	motherfuck him and john wayne

those riots in LA last week really put things in perspective for me.  how
dare the happy rhodeses of this world claim they've got problems!  the
precious art school types on this list had better wake up and start clocking
reality because pretty soon their little black-clad world is going to go
down in flames.

hey.  i'm wearing all black today.  uh oh.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.