Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 11:05:47 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: female vocalists
Date: Fri, 08 May 1992 18:05:40 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU.  I didn't say:
>   Ofra Haza   -  an Israeli singer.  I would recommend Fifty
>                  Gates of Wisdom for a traditional sound, and
>                  Shaday for a sound that more "world pop".

i prefer "Desert Wind" to "Shaday" although "Shaday" has the absolutely
indispensable singles "Im Nin Alu" and "Galbi."  but you can get those two
tracks on singles easily enough, i suppose.

my favorite female vocalists since you're all dying to know (in random
order):

vicki perks (we've got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it)
betsy martin (caterwaul)
that kate chick
sussan deihim
claudia brucken (propaganda/act/solo stuff)
those two women in the human league
that unidentified woman on the legendary pink dots' album "the tower"
bjork (i hate most of the sugarcubes stuff but she's a GREAT singer)
ofra haza

word to your mother.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com