Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All Kinds of Stuff

From: plains!dhenry@uunet.UU.NET (David Henry)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1992 19:51:29 -0700
Subject: Re: All Kinds of Stuff
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <66382@apple.Apple.COM> rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill) writes:
>        Somebody who's name I can't find in the post says:
>

>"Fans are interesting things. Rush fans just can't comprehend why the rest
>of the world doesn't like Rush. REM fans consider the rest of the world
>beneath their social level to notice. Kate Bush fans love the rest of the
>world, and the world loves them, but spend long nights plotting to knife one
>another."                    --Richard Darwin
> Richard Darwin #33, "Gradenza"

Well, it wasn't *my* post, but it was my sig., copied by somebody else who
thought it was nifty enough to borrow. One of these days I'll charge
royalties on the odd dozen of people who've taken my sigs for their sig.file
and retire a middling-rich, if embittered, man.

As for Richard Darwin, he's my character in some stories that I've written
(and published in some really alternative press). A rock and roll musician
out of Minneapolis, he has a... considered view of the world, and one of his
varied interests is Kate Bush (not too surprisingly, considering his
creator) :-). The above quote was from his now discontinued comic book
series, called Richard Darwin.

And as a final BTW, I'm the same guy who wrote that Kate.sig a few months
back calling for her, Joan Jett, and Sonic Youth to tour together (still
waiting for that one, too, dammit!). And I'm the same guy trying out my new,
odd and puzzling Kate.sig which you'll see lovingly reproduced below. And
I'm the same guy who will now let you return to the ongoing ToriTravelogue,
and resume gaffa.lurking.

See you in my sigs....
--
David R. Henry - Rogue Fan Club - CTHULHU in '92! Why vote for LESSER evils?
For Kate is a jealous God, and requires sacrifice./What was your question?--K