Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Remaining Tori Amos Tour Dates

From: david@softwords.bc.ca (David Hume)
Date: Tue, 5 May 1992 11:08:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Remaining Tori Amos Tour Dates
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: david@softwords.bc.ca

This may not reach the net - I tried to post to gaffa many moons
ago and the mailing list factor intercepted and bounced my message.
But here goes...

Tori is playing Vancouver BC on Thursday night, but only 100 seats out
of 350 had been sold (talked to Vancouver East Cultural Centre on Sunday)
so anybody that can help, they almost pleaded with me to let people know!

For whatever reason, Tori has had zilch exposure in Canada, I do not
believe we have played her videos at all, and I've only heard her on the
radio once. This annoys me greatly becuase I was always so proud of the fact
MuchMusic seems to play Kate more often than video stations in the States
(or has this changed?). Does anyone have a number at MuchMusic I could phone
and ask about this programming decision?

Also, anyone going to the Vancouver gig Thurs. May 7 please e-mail me.

Enjoy the shows!

* David E. Hume		! "And if I die today, I'll be the Happy Phantom   *
* david@softwords.bc.ca !   and I will go chasing nuns out in the yard"    *
* Softwords		!                                                  *
* Victoria, BC, Canada  !          - Tori Amos                             *