Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: midge ure

From: heksterb@cs.utwente.nl (Ben Hekster)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1992 16:54:41 -0700
Subject: Re: midge ure
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@cs.utwente.nl

In article <66206@apple.Apple.COM> stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern) writes:
>I recently acquired what i expect to be midge ure's most recent
>album, Pure.  I have but one word for this album: fantastic!
>It is the best new music I've heard in some time.
>In particular, I like it because it is up beat and life-affirming
>[...]
>Not only would I very strongly recommend Pure to anyone on this list,
>but also, if anyone has any info/knowledge about Midge Ure, I would
>be interested to hear it.

I've been waiting for "Pure" to appear here but haven't seen it yet.
Glad to hear you like it though.

	You might want to try out "U-VOX" from Ultravox, which group
(need I say it) featured Midge Ure as lead vocalist.  And if you like
that, work your way back through the "Lament" and "Quartet" albums.

--
Ben `Hackster' Hekster		| sigblock(sigmask(SIGFLAME));
heksterb@cs.utwente.nl		| "We must behold the things we see"