Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori at Nightstage -- Awesome!

From: greg@mobius.viewlogic.com (Gregory Larkin)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1992 10:28:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori at Nightstage -- Awesome!
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: greg@mobius.viewlogic.com (Gregory Larkin)

In article <66255@apple.Apple.COM>, sherrill@ruhroh.viewlogic.com (Sherrill St. Germain) writes:
|> Just wanted to report that Tori's performance at Nightstage last
|> night was every bit as awesome as people have described & more.   Her
|> voice is so powerful & she herself is just the coolest.  The crowd loved her!
|> I think that's probably the last time I'll get to see her for $8!  :(
|> (But it would be worth a whole lot more. :)

I have to echo Sherrill's enthusiasm for this show.  I felt that the
Nightstage (Cambridge, MA) setting lent itself well to a more "intimate"
feel for the show.  Tori was able to converse with the people in
audience easily, and it seemed to put her more at ease.  Reading some
of the earlier reviews of her shows, I was expecting her to just bash
out the songs and not say much.  She actually talked quite a bit and
seemed to enjoy the crowd's reaction to what she was playing.  In
fact, whe she burst into "Whole Lotta Love", the crowd thought that
was just great!  As pointed out before, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is
a really silly song, especially when you can understand the lyrics!!!

Great show, especially since Tori had to enter the stage right in
front of where we were sitting.  We wished her a good show as she
entered and thanked her as she left, and she was very nice to say
"Thank you".   Overall, it was an impressive night to say the least!

--